I am excited to be partnering with Enbrighten Café on a patio makeover.
Enbrighten Cafe’s LED Café Lights deliver warm white light, are energy efficient, and never need to be replaced!
And with the GE Bluetooth Smart Outdoor Smart Switch, you can wirelessly program and control the lights with your smartphone or tablet!
These lights are impact resistant and will not break if dropped (I accidentally tested this out)!
These commercial-grade lights can be out year-round.
I used 36 feet of lights for my patio area.
I love the ambiance the LED Café Lights add to our patio.
The lights are really easy to hang since each bulb has a hook, and I hung most of my lights with screws on our covered patio. However, I also wanted the lights to stretch across our patio table, so I created a DIY planter light pole.
Please note that this planter works for a small number of lights. Since these lights are commercial grade, they are heavy. The pole started to bend under the weight of too many lights. However, if you just want a string a few, this DIY flower pot light pole is a great solution. Here is what you will need:
- Dowel Rod (8 foot)
- Decorative Top for Dowel Rod
- Outdoor Paint
- Flower Pot
- Potting Soil
- Closet Rod Flange Set (optional)
I began the project by drilling a hole into the top of the pole for the decor piece.
After the hole was drilled, I added the topper.
After the top was on, I painted the entire piece with several coats of outdoor paint.
Once the paint was dry, I drilled another hole into the topper.
This was for the hook which would hold the light strands.
Once the pole was complete, it was time to cement it into the flower pot.
I began with my little closet rod flange set and used the completely round one as a brace for the rod. This is optional, and I am not really sure how much it helped. I added my pole to the brace and centered it in the flower pot.
This is definitely a two-person job. One person will need to hold the rod in place while the other pours the concrete.
I mixed about 30 pounds of concrete for my flower pot (More concrete would have been helpful, but I had to balance how much room was needed for my flowers).
I created a brace to hold the rod in place while the concrete dried using boards and bricks.
I allowed the concrete to dry 24 hours and then I added holes for the flower pot drainage using a drill.
I tried to evenly space them so they looked pretty and drilled them right above the concrete line.
I added gravel to help with the drainage before adding my potting soil.
And that was it! I now have a moveable light pole if I want to change where I hang the lights.
Check out the video below to see the lights in action!
Go create something!
*This post contains affiliate links and is a sponsored post by Enbrighten Cafe. I take pride in reviewing only products that fit my brand and will be beneficial to my readers. And while this post is sponsored, all the opinions are my own.