Transformation Tuesday: Kitchen Nook
This November, it will be three years since we moved into our current home. Recently I came across old photos from when we purchased the home and loved seeing the before photos. In honor of our three-year anniversary with our home, I thought it would be fun to do a Transformation Tuesday series and share a different room every week.
I’m going to begin with our kitchen nook which is one of my favorites spaces because of all the windows and natural light. Here’s what the home looked like when we first purchased it:
And here is how it looks now:
All the updates and changes to the kitchen nook have been simple DIYs.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Here’s what we did:
- PAINTED THE WALLS. The walls using Valspar’s Cincinnati Hotel Briggs Beige. This color is also in our kitchen, hallway, and family room. This color is neutral and warm, and we used it for years in our previous home. To see all the details, click HERE.
- REPLACED THE LIGHT FIXTURE. I have been obsessed with wooden beaded chandeliers for several years, and I considered DIYing one but found a good deal on one. We found it at World Market.
- ADDED WINDOW TREATMENTS. I hung pretty curtains I found on clearance at West Elm (which unfortunately are no longer available but these are similar).
- ADDED SHIPLAP TO MAIN WALL (the wall I am shooting the photo from). We jumped in on the shiplap trend, but let’s hope it’s not a fast revolving one. It adds texture to the space, and you can see the full tutorial HERE.
- FARMHOUSE KITCHEN TABLE MAKEOVER. Our kitchen table was well-loved, and I really wanted to give it a more farmhouse look, so I transformed it with paint and new legs. To see all the details and the tutorial, click HERE. Don’t want to DIY your own, check out this look-alike table.
The large wooden sign on the shiplap wall is from here.
Want to see more Transformation Tuesdays?
Check out these other makeovers:
Are you new to my blog? Go HERE to see my home tour and HERE to shop for items I use in our home.
Find me on Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Pinterest
You can shop my kitchen nook here: