Outdoor furniture can quickly look worn after being out in all the elements, but paint is an easy way to refresh your patio furniture. Today I’m going to share a specific paint that makes painting outdoor furniture easy!
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
I partnered with Amy Howard Home to share their Color of the Month.
The Color of the Month Club is a monthly subscription where Color of the Month subscribers will receive a new color every month exclusive to the club. This month’s Color of the Month is Curbside Shopper – a great neutral warm gray.
I have a couple of inexpensive chairs and ottomans that were starting to show their age. Originally I was considering getting rid of them because they didn’t fit with the rest of our patio furniture (see more of our patio HERE).
However, I am someone who believes paint can fix everything, so I got to work giving the pieces a mini-makeover.
Supplies for Painting Outdoor Furniture:
- Amy Howard One Step Paint
- Amy Howard Matte Sealer
- Nylon Tapered Paintbrush
- Drop Cloth
How to Paint Outdoor Furniture
- First, place a drop cloth under your furniture.
- Next, clean off your furniture. I just wiped mine down with water and a rag but Simple Green is a product I often use for more stubborn pieces.
- Next, add a coat of One Step Paint. There is no sanding or priming required which is why I love this product.
- I always like to add two coats of paint – especially for an outdoor furniture piece. Make sure the paint is completely dry before adding another coat of paint.
- Finally, seal the paint with Amy Howard Matte Sealer. It’s not necessary to seal one step paint, but it’s a great option – especially for outdoor furniture.
And that’s it! You’ll feel like you have new outdoor furniture without spending a fortune!
You can also paint outdoor cushions with One Step Paint, and Amy shares how to do that in this video.
Are you new to my blog? Go HERE to see my home tour and HERE to shop for items I use in our home.