I was inspired to create this Geometric Wall Mural after seeing the 2023 FrogTape® Design Trends. Travel is the trend for 2023 (we are all ready for some change of scenery), and here are the four design trends:
- Redrock Renewal
- Bohemian Bazaar
- Nordic Nature
- Midtown Modern
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of FrogTape® . All opinions are 100% mine.
You can see more details on these design trends HERE, and I chose to add the Midtown Modern design trend to our home.
The Midtown Modern trend is all about a “rich” urban lifestyle using saturated hues like black or navy. Accent with bright brass and use plush fabrics like velvet and satin.
I added the look to our home by creating a unique geometric wall mural. I painted the base coat in a high-gloss finish and l created a design using FrogTape® I painted over the wall with flat paint, removed the tape, and I had a unique and gorgeous accent wall.
To create your own Geometric Wall Mural, here are the supplies you will need.
Supplies for Geometric Wall Mural:
- 5 rolls of FrogTape® Multi-Surface Painter’s Tape – Green, 0.94 in. x 60 yd.
- 2 rolls of FrogTape® Multi-Surface Painter’s Tape – Green, 1.88 in. x 60 yd.
- Drop Cloth
- 1 quart of high gloss finish paint
- 1 quart of matte finish paint
- Paint Brush
- Paint Roller
- Paint Tray
- Exacto Knife
How to Create a Geometric Wall Mural
- Paint the entire wall with a high-glossy finish paint.
- Plan your design. I found an image online and decided to begin with a grid pattern to create the geometric design.
- To create the grid pattern, I used .94-inch tape for the lines and used 1.88-inch tape for the spaces. Begin at the center of the wall – use a level to make sure that the first line is straight. Continue to proceed across the wall.
If the wall was recently painted (less than a month), use FrogTape® Delicate Surface Painter’s Tape.
- For the horizontal lines, begin at the top of the wall and continue down the wall repeating the taping pattern.
- Once the wall is a large grid, begin to work on the details. Using the printout I found online, I drew out the pattern in sections.
- Once the pattern is drawn out, take the Exacto knife and cut away what isn’t needed. Be careful not to press too hard – you need just enough pressure to cut the tape and not damage the wall.
- Next, create the diamond pattern using fresh tape and cut it with scissors.
- Once the pattern is complete, make sure the FrogTape adheres wall to the wall. I went over the entire wall with a dry paint roller.
- Finally, it is time to paint the matte finish paint.
- Once the paint is dry, carefully pull back the FrogTape.
- Enjoy your new accent wall!
Watch the entire process of creating the geometric wall mural here: