Traditional dining rooms seem to be slowly disappearing from today’s homes. Where they once were used daily, many of these rooms are only used a few times a year for holiday dinners. These unused dining rooms are being converted to accommodate today’s lifestyle. They are becoming everything from playrooms to libraries to craft rooms.
Although I completely understand why others are converting them, I am one of few that hang on to my dining room. Although it does not happen often, I love the idea of enjoying family dinners in a special room and having a special place for guests to dine (mainly because it’s a great distraction from my lack of cooking skills)!
However, if you still love the idea of room reserved for dining, we have some great DIY furniture ideas to share.
There were several amazing dining room furniture ideas in last week’s link party. First up this sideboard makeover from an antique dresser by Anderson and Grant:
These floating shelves by Sawdust Sisters are such a great idea for a dining room. The open shelves making setting the table quick!
Wouldn’t this mirrored console table make a gorgeous buffet table? You can build this from scratch with plans from Free Little Monkeys!
Congratulations and great work to our featured bloggers this week!
Do you want more ideas? Check out these 9 Dining Room Furniture Ideas:
- Dining Room Sideboard – Anderson and Grant
- Dining Room Chairs Makeover – 1915 House
- Chalk Painted Dining Room Table – Sincerely Sara D.
- DIY Pottery Barn Inspired Farmhouse Table – The Weathered Fox
- Chair Makeover – The Chelsea Project
- DIY Floating Shelves – Sawdust Sisters
- DIY Mirrored Console Table – Free Little Monkeys
- Rustic DIY Cake Stand – Anderson and Grant
- Painted Round Kitchen Table – My DIY Envy
Now it’s time to move on to this week’s party.
What is so great about this link party?
- We set the party at random so you don’t have to be the first one to link up to have your project at the beginning.
- We will pick our favorites to add to our Talk DIY to Me group Pinterest board and will share with all of our followers through our social media (we have a combined following of over 125K).
- We limit the link party to the first 50 who link up making it easier to make it to every post linked up! We want to develop a DIY community, not just a normal link party.
- Weekly themes for more opportunities to be featured! You may link up projects that are DIY, but not theme related.
- Follow the hosts on Pinterest here: Jessica, Sara, and Leanne.
- Link up only one post. One DIY project you have not linked here before.
- All projects must be do it yourself home or garden projects, please no recipes at this time.
- Follow the “Talk DIY to Me” Pinterest board.
- By linking up to this link party, you give us permission to feature an image on our blog and social media. Don’t worry we always give proper credit and links.
- Link your original content only.
TALK DIY TO ME #8 – LIVING ROOM FURNITURE
You can link up any DIY or upcycle project, the weekly theme is what we will feature next week if you want more opportunity to be featured.
For the month of August will will do one link party that will be open all month long! With summer in full swing and getting ready for back to school we thought it would be a good idea to keep the party rolling with a month long theme.
August – Build it Yourself (anything you’ve built yourself: furniture, shelves, home decor…you name it!)