I have enjoyed sharing our room transformations with you every Tuesday. We have lived in our current home for almost three years, and it is fun to look at the before and after photos! Here’s today’s version…Transformation Tuesday: Boys’ Bathroom.
This makeover really will show you the power of paint. Here is how the bathroom looked when we moved into our home:
And here is how it looks now (well, on the few rare occasions when the bathroom is actually clean):
Here is how the bathroom space was transformed:
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
- PAINTED THE WALLS. Valspar’s Notre Dame was used for the walls and Valspar’s Comet Dust was used for the stripes. To see the full tutorial for the “ticking striped wall,” click HERE.
- PAINTED THE CABINETS AND REPLACED THE HARDWARE. Shortcuts were used for painting these cabinets. To see which shortcuts worked (and didn’t work) click HERE.
- PAINTED THE FAUCETS. Painting the faucets is a great temporary fix. I have had these painted for a couple of years, but I am considering replacing them now. To see the full tutorial on painting a faucet, click HERE.
- REPLACED THE DOOR HARDWARE. All of our doors handles throughout the home were replaced inexpensively by buying them through Amazon.
- REPLACED THE MIRROR. The mirror that came with our master bedroom dresser was painted and hung to replace the frameless mirror that was in the boys’ bathroom.
I love creating design boards, and I created one that inspired this bathroom makeover. You can see it HERE. This room actually was one of the winners in the very first blogging contest I ever participated in. To see all the details, go HERE. Want to see more Transformation Tuesdays besides Transformation Tuesday: Boys’ Bathroom? Check out these other makeovers:
Go create something!