Tuesday Transformation: Kitchen
The older I get, the more I feel my life goes into overdrive. I feel like we just moved into our current home, and it will be three years this fall. We are planning our first major renovation later this year – the master bathroom. However, everything else in the home has been pretty minor and included little projects and lots of paint. I thought it would be fun to share what the home looked like when we moved in the Fall of 2013 and compare it to today. For today’s Tuesday’s Transformation, I’m sharing our kitchen.
Here’s the before:
I would love to buy new appliances, but new appliances mean knocking out cabinets that would lead from one thing to another. We really wanted to make the kitchen work for now, and hopefully, someday we will renovate the kitchen.
Until then, here’s what we did:
- PAINTED THE WALLS. I painted the walls using Valspar’s Cincinnati Hotel Briggs Beige. I love this neutral warm color and used it for years in our previous home. To see all the details, click HERE.
- PAINTED THE CABINETS. If you have been following me for a while, you know that I actually painted my cabinets TWICE. Do not make my mistake and read all the details HERE.
- CHANGED THE CABINET HARDWARE. I won all my hardware from a contest and had fun picking out vintage-inspired pieces. Click HERE for all the hardware details and links.
- ADDED GLASS TO CABINET DOORS. I went with seeded glass and am so glad I did. You can read more on the glass HERE.
- ADDED A BACKSPLASH I absolutely love my subway tile. This is the one project we did not DIY and hired out. Click HERE to see more.
- REPLACED THE FAUCET. I went with an oil-rubbed bronze faucet and love how it ties in my black appliances. You can see all the details HERE.
- PAINTED THE FLOOR. The floor was in bad shape and very worn with water damage. When we first moved in, I hid it with a large rug. Unfortunately, my kids kept spilling things on it (and I did too), and it just wasn’t working for us. I painted a rug, and you can see my tutorial HERE.
- PAINTED THE FRIDGE WITH CHALKBOARD PAINT. This was one of my very first DIY projects when we moved in. I love it and still update the calendar every week. You can see more HERE.
- ADDED SHIPLAP TO MAIN WALL. I jumped in on the shiplap trend, but let’s hope it’s not a fast revolving one. I love the texture it adds to the space, and you can see the full tutorial HERE.
Here’s another one more before and after (sorry the angle is different):
Everything we have done to the kitchen has been slow updates over time.
Although it isn’t my dream kitchen, it is a space that we have made into our own (and is brighter and happier than it was)! Want to see more Transformation Tuesdays? Check out these other makeovers:
Go create something!
Are you new to my blog? Go HERE to see my home tour and HERE to shop for items I use in our home.
Find me on Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Pinterest
2 thoughts on “Tuesday Transformation: Kitchen”
It all turned out great!!! Yes I like the contrasts of the paints and if your appliances work for now, be Ye glad!!! I do like cooking with gas because in my area that is so reasonable compared to electric but if I changed out this working great gas stove with oven it would be to get self cleaning which I had before. But it’s not too hard to clean.
I really wish I’d had my cabinets painted when a man did my interior walls. They look so outdated and now I’m unable to DIY. But I enjoy looking at all you’ve done!!!
I always love hearing from you, Gwen! Thanks for the kind words, and I should be happy we don’t have to buy new appliances for now. Have a great rest of your week!